Open Internships (RA and Post-Doc) For 2015-2016 Academic Year
The Transformative Technology Lab (transtechlab.org) is opening up its student and alumni positions for the 2015-2016 academic year. These positions are open to any student at Sofia University, including distant students, as well as recent alumni. Students with experience in all academic fields at Sofia are encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to get real-world and academic experience, as well a key initial stepping-stone position on your CV. One of the most significant challenges graduate students face (as well as undergraduate students hoping to become graduate students at leading institutions) is getting Research Assistant experience. This is because most institutions have many more students than lab internships/Research Assistant positions. It’s no secret that having this experience listed on a CV provides a strong career edge after graduation.
We are pleased to announce that we have a number of outstanding opportunities available for the coming academic year. All are positions have serious responsibilities and the opportunity for getting valuable real-world experience. These are not ‘coffee-fetching’ RA positions. You should only apply if you want to learn, work hard, and excel and contribute to the overall community and success of the lab.
As with most university labs:
- These positions are limited and competitive.
- Time commitments begin at 10 hours per week.
- All positions are considered unpaid internships.
- Research Assistant
- Working on experiments, including: participant recruitment and management, assisting with or managing experiments, data collection, data analysis, data management, and so forth.
- Publication assistance, including: literature reviews, data analysis and management, draft and prep article writing, proof reading, and so forth.
- Event assistance, including: assisting with workshops, speaker events, the Transformative Technology Conference (Oct 3-5), and so forth. We are hyper-connected, and you will be too!
- Misc. lab duties, including: coordination, outreach, planning, general staffing and lab assistance.
About The Lab:
TT Lab is the nexus point for Transformative Technology for the academic, industry, and public sectors. The lab serves as a cross-roads and support mechanism for these groups, and as the central gathering point to stimulate development of scalable transformative technologies. We are a vibrant community of engineers, scientists, researchers, inventors, makers, entrepreneurs, investors, and industry veterans.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to the lab’s Director at: Jeffery.Martin@sofia.edu